**We are currently recruiting an Intern (f/m/x) to strengthen our Investment team in Antwerp.
The purpose of the role is to support the Investment Team in identifying and developing investment opportunities.
The role of the Intern will be involved in:
▪ Active project work in our team
▪ Market analysis of relevant service sectors
▪ Identification and analysis of suitable target companies
▪ Development of investment concepts according to financial and strategic aspects
▪ Communication with experts in companies and associations
▪ Participation in project-related meetings.
The internship should be for a period of at least 12 weeks and could start as from September 2022 or in the course of 2023. The projects you could work on offer continuous learning and increase your knowledge of the PE industry.
We are seeking candidates (f/m/x) who can meet the following requirements:
▪ University education (at least Bachelor)
▪ You will enjoy working with numbers, understanding them and telling a story from them
▪ If you do have earlier experience (through an internship) in strategy consulting, private equity, or corporate finance boutique/investment bank we would love to hear about it
▪ Native Dutch speaking and due to the international nature of our business, you should be fluent in English, too.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A down-to-earth and open team player who has good communication skills, a creative yet pragmatic attitude, is initiative-driven, curious, and passionate.
Well-organised, pro-active, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
You will have an interest in business and think commercially with an entrepreneurial, deals mindset.
Waterland is an independent private equity investment group that supports entrepreneurs in realising their growth ambitions. With substantial financial resources and committed industry expertise, Waterland enables its portfolio companies to achieve accelerated growth both organically and through acquisitions. Waterland is an active investor in the financial, strategic and operational sense.
In the current dynamic business environment with an increasing number of mergers and acquisitions, Waterland is a partner that provides entrepreneurs with a powerful position in the increasingly competitive international arena. Since the start in 1999, the firm has made investments in more than 800 companies. Waterland currently manages more than €9 billion of investor commitments.
Investments are made in markets with attractive characteristics for a consolidation strategy: consistent growth, sufficient size, sustainable profitability, fragmentation and (indication of) consolidation. Waterland focusses on industries that are undergoing change as a consequence of one or more of the following trends: sustainability, outsourcing and digitalisation, ageing population, and leisure and luxury.
Waterland employs 140 professionals. Our teams are based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland and Denmark and operate across Europe.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail their resume to Nathalie Callens (firstname.lastname@example.org).