Waterland Private Equity expands its Swiss activities with an office in Zurich. This enables Waterland to get closer to Swiss entrepreneurs and local markets. The team will be working closely with the offices in Munich and Hamburg, and will help to continue fostering international growth while leveraging synergies between the locations.
“Switzerland is a highly interesting market, and we are a very attractive growth partner for mid-sized companies in the region. This is demonstrated by our current engagement in Tineo – previously Quickline Business,” says Jörg Dreisow, Managing Partner at Waterland. “With our buy & build experience, financial strength, European office network and new proximity, we will be able to help Swiss companies expanding their potential, realising their growth targets and thereby creating added value for SMEs.”
Alongside its current investment Tineo, Waterland has already successfully engaged in Swiss transactions in the past, for example, in the establishment of Switzerland’s largest private nursing home operator Seniocare.
Potential for growth at Tineo
Tineo is an integrated enterprise solution provider of data centres, fibre optic connections, high-speed internet and VoIP services with state-of-the-art infrastructure and a broad customer base. “The independent company is in an excellent position to intensify the pursuit of its organic and inorganic growth strategy in the fragmented Swiss market. With its clear focus on the enterprise segment, Tineo will be able to generate substantial added value for its customers,” explains Dr Gregor Hengst, Principal at Waterland. “Further, there are many other interesting, well-positioned companies with excellent products that could benefit from a partnership with Waterland.”
- Austrian Private Equity & Venture Capital Organisation (AVCO)
- Belgian Venturing Association (BVA)
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA)
- Bundesverband deutscher Kapitalbeteiligungsgesellschaften (BVK)
- Irish Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Participatiemaatschappijen (NVP)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Inwestorow Kapitalowych (PSIK)
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)