Louis Huetz (former CEO of Altrad Group) joins the pan-European private equity firm Waterland, where he will be responsible for establishing and heading Waterland’s Paris office.
With the opening of its Paris office, Waterland Private Equity expands its presence in Europe by entering the French market. The independent private equity firm focuses on buy-outs and growth financing, and supports mid-sized businesses in consolidating fragmented markets (Buy & Build). With this strategy it has achieved a successful long-term track record on the European market. The Paris office will be Waterland’s tenth office in Europe, along with the existing locations in the UK, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark and the Benelux countries.
Luis Huetz, Managing Director at Waterland France, says: “I am excited to build up and head Waterland’s Paris office. The investment strategy of Waterland combines the different European offices’ resources, therefore enabling targeted support for its portfolio companies during the implementation of an international buy & build. This way, Waterland has since its founding on average performed six acquisitions for each portfolio company – a record number. With this strategy, we intend to give the French private equity market an additional dimension and level of momentum.”
Louis Huetz is an engineer of the Ecole Centrale de Paris. He began his career in auditing, consulting and later investment banking as a partner at Leonardo & Co. (now Natixis Partners). He has been CEO of Altrad Group since 2013. Under his leadership, the group’s turnover grew from 600 million Euro to more than € 3 billion and successfully undertook a strategic repositioning towards industry services.
- Austrian Private Equity & Venture Capital Organisation (AVCO)
- Belgian Venturing Association (BVA)
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA)
- Bundesverband deutscher Kapitalbeteiligungsgesellschaften (BVK)
- Irish Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Participatiemaatschappijen (NVP)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Inwestorow Kapitalowych (PSIK)
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)