BUSSUM, THE NETHERLANDS (August 28, 2017) – Waterland Private Equity Investments (“Waterland”) is pleased to announce the closing of its seventh institutional fund, Waterland Private Equity Fund VII (“WPEF VII”) at €2 billion, less than two months after its initial launch.
WPEF VII was considerably oversubscribed with demand exceeding the fundraising target significantly, attributable to continued strong support from existing investors combined with significant interest of new investors.
The fundraising attracted commitments from world class institutional investors from Europe (40%), the United States (42%), Middle East (6%) and Asia Pacific (12%). Public pension plans represent the largest proportion of the investor base.
WPEF VII expects to make control investments in medium-sized quality companies in fragmented growth markets in Northern Europe (Benelux, DACH, Poland, UK/Ireland and Nordics) to finance organic and acquisitive growth. This is a continuation of the successful buy-and-build investment strategy applied to the Firm’s prior funds over the last two decades.
“The fundraising for WPEF VII has been a great success and we are grateful for the support of our investors. We look forward to making investments with our seventh fund, for which we see many attractive opportunities in our target region. We remain thankful for the continued support of our existing investors, and we are proud of the high quality of the new investors we now welcome into WPEF VII.” said Frank Vlayen, CEO.
MVision Private Equity Advisers acted as the global strategic fundraising adviser for Waterland. Clifford Chance acted as the global legal, tax and regulatory counsel.
- Austrian Private Equity & Venture Capital Organisation (AVCO)
- Belgian Venturing Association (BVA)
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA)
- Bundesverband deutscher Kapitalbeteiligungsgesellschaften (BVK)
- Irish Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Participatiemaatschappijen (NVP)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Inwestorow Kapitalowych (PSIK)
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)