We are currently recruiting an Investor Relations Associate (m/f/x). This person will be based in Bussum (the Netherlands) or London (United Kingdom) as part of our Central Services team. The Central Services team is located in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom and consists of approximately 25 specialists who are responsible for the reporting, accounting, legal, tax, ESG, investor relations, HR and information management functions of the Waterland funds and Waterland group.
The Investor Relations Associate will:
• Assist senior team members in managing investor relationships.
• Maintain the Investor Relation database and update investor profiles.
• Assist during fundraising processes by compiling fundraising materials (executive summaries, pitch books, due diligence questionnaires, case studies) and answering ad-hoc data requests from investors.
• Help prepare annual general and advisory board meetings.
• Create quarterly and annual reports.
• Coordinate answering investor questionnaires.
• Analyse internal and external data and stay current with the latest developments in the PE industry.
The Investor Relations Associate will report to the Head of Treasury / Deputy CFO (based in Bussum) and to the Head of Investor Relations (based in London).
The role is highly varied and involves working in a supportive, dynamic team. The role will involve international travel and getting in contact with the largest institutional investors worldwide. The projects you could work on offer continuous learning, increase your knowledge of the PE industry, and support you in growing your future career within Waterland.
We are seeking candidates (m/f/x) who can meet the following requirements:
• University education (finance and accounting), preferably complemented by a master’s degree.
• 1-2 years of work experience in a financial / analytical role (e.g. Corporate Finance or Business Controller).
• Experience in the private markets (GP / LP) and fundraising is an advantage.
• You will enjoy working with numbers, understanding them and telling a story from them.
• The ability to work independently and efficiently, as good time management is essential in this position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with investment team members, the Central Services team, legal advisors as well as investors.
• Profound knowledge of Dutch and English. If you have knowledge of any other European language, we would love to hear about it.
A down-to-earth and open team player, having good communication and conviction skills, decisiveness, a creative yet pragmatic attitude, initiative-driven, curious and passionate.
Well-organized, pro-active, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines. Taking responsibility for tasks at hand.
A full-time employment contract. The role will be based in our Bussum (the Netherlands) or London (United Kingdom) office as part of a diverse team, both from a cultural and gender perspective.
We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an inclusive and dynamic working environment in which each team member can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
Work-life integration and hybrid working are important to us.
Waterland is an independent private equity investment group that supports entrepreneurs in realizing their growth ambitions. With substantial financial resources and committed industry expertise, Waterland enables its portfolio companies to achieve accelerated growth both organically and through acquisitions. Waterland is an active investor in the financial, strategic and operational sense.
In the current dynamic business environment with an increasing number of mergers and acquisitions, Waterland is a partner that provides entrepreneurs with a powerful position in the increasingly competitive international arena. Since the start in 1999, the firm has made investments in more than 850 companies. Waterland currently manages more than € 9 billion of investor commitments.
Investments are made in markets with attractive characteristics for a consolidation strategy: consistent growth, sufficient size, sustainable profitability, fragmentation and (indication of) consolidation. Waterland focusses on industries that are undergoing change as a consequence of one or more of the following trends: sustainability, outsourcing and digitalization, ageing population, and leisure and luxury.
Waterland employs 145 professionals. Our teams are based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Denmark and operate across Europe.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail their resume to email@example.com. For more information, please contact Wouter Van Linden (Group Head of HR) on telephone number: +32.479.809.443.